|Kingdom Within by GJ Gillespie|
The artist explained how his art fit the journal's theme by saying that Kingdom Within suggests a person finding inner strength in the midst of a world in turmoil while Threshold depicts a female figure contemplating the universe, he said.
Moreover, three other GJ Gillespie works will be published by the journal later in the year.
|Threshold by GJ Gillespie. |
Mixed media collage. 11 x 9 inches
Credits for "Kingdom Within"
- Hurst Gallery, Northwest University, Kirkland, July — September, 2016.
- Moat Gallery, Mental Health show, Vancouver, BC Canada, May 2015.
- Northwest Collage Society 2014 Innovation Award and appeared in the organization's summer exhibition.
- Appeared in Mind Magazine: Science, Verse, Art and Psychology winter 2014.
- Unmarked Crosswalks show, Northwest University Argue Gallery, September 2014.
North in Edmonds, WA.
Three Other Works Also to Appear
In Addition, the Journal chose to post three other works by Gillespie in the Thought Notebook newsletter and as a Featured Artist for their Webzine in September, 2016.
Horse With No Name, Longing for a Better Country and Letter to the World were selected for publication by editor Kat Rahl.
|Horse with No Name by GJ Gillespie|
|Letter to the World by GJ Gillespie|
|Longing for a Better Country by GJ Gillespie|
Post a Comment